How a Structural Family Therapy (SFT) mindset can assist in
overcoming obstacles to parent/caregiver involvement in youth-centered services
This webinar is designed to enhance the ability of service providers-mental health clinicians and other professionals that work with youth--to involve families of their clients in practical and effective ways.
Webinar topics include:
- Why family involvement is important
- Key beliefs of parent caregiver involvement
- Basic principles of SFT (structural family therapy)
- Obstacles to family involvement
- Strategies to address common obstacles
Ethan Ornstein, LCSW has extensive experience working with families, couples, and youth in a variety of settings. He directs the Intensive Family Therapy program (IFT) at UCSF and is the clinical coordinator for the FIRST grant project.